Dr. DeMaio strives to offer compassionate, evidence-based, effective psychotherapy to teenagers, adults, families, and couples for a variety of issues including:
- Adjustment/Life Transitions
- Anxiety Disorders
- Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors (BFRB’s) including hair-pulling and skin picking
- Body Image
- Depressive Disorders
- Emotion Dysregulation Difficulties
- Insomnia/Sleep Difficulties
- Loneliness/Social Isolation
- Marital and/or Other Relationship Difficulties
- Unbalanced Eating
- Unsure Sense of Self
- Value-driven life choices
Dr. DeMaio views the therapist-patient relationship to be a mutually respectful, collaborative effort. Early in treatment, she will help you identify your treatment goals and will regularly monitor your progress on these goals. As cognitive behavioral treatment is skills-based, clients will need to work on the issues discussed, both in session and during the time between sessions, for the therapy to be most successful.
Dr. DeMaio genuinely believes that a primary goal of CBT is to help clients become their own effective therapists. The overall spirit of Dr. DeMaio’s approach is non-judgmental, genuine, and compassionate. Whatever challenges you are experiencing, she will listen closely and do her best to collaborate with you to develop a treatment plan that works for you.